Andreas Spahn (1974) is assistant professor of philosophy and ethics at Eindhoven University of Technology. He studied Philosophy, Communication-Science and German Literature at the University of Essen (Germany). After pursuing his Master-Degree in Philosophy and German Literature at the University of Notre-Dame (USA), he obtained his Ph-D in Bochum (Germany) in 2007 with a thesis on the Theory of Understanding. His research fields include metha-ethical questions about grounding value-judgments and questions concerning applied ethics in the field of the influence of new media on society and ecological ethics.
- Developing and Implementing Smart Grids in India
- Wise Choices and Smart Savings: Effectiveness and Acceptability of Persuasive Technology for Household Energy Saving (MORALPT)
- Biofuels: sustainable innovation or gold rush?
- Persuasive technology and social values
- A Sustainable Ethics for Future Energy Systems
Scientific publications (selection)
- Spahn, Andreas. 2007. Rationalistische und Traditionalistische Hermeneutiek. In Perspektiven Philosophischer Forschung, edited by F. Geier, A. Spahn and C. Spahn. Essen: Oldib Verlag Oliver Bidlo. available online
Professional/Popular publications (selection)
- Geier, Fabian, Andreas Spahn, and Christian Spahn, eds. 2006. Perspektiven Philosophischer Forschung. Essen: Oldib-Verlag. available online