Visiting professor September 2-20, 2013 (host: Philosophy Department, University of Twente).
- Consciousness in natural and artificial agents;
- The relation between consciousness and ethics;
- Machine ethics and machine consciousness – scope and limits of the fields and their interrelations;
- The relation between ‘infocentric’ approaches to ethics and bio- and ecocentric approaches;
- Implications of future developments in technology for ethics, society and nature.
Other research interests are:
- Spinoza’s philosophy, in relation to consciousness, ethics and environment;
- ‘Enactive’ approaches to interpersonal interaction, ethics and consciousness;
- The relation between commitments to science and to religion.