The Philosophy Department of Eindhoven University of Technology is responsible for the daily management of the Centre as of January 1st 2018. The Centre has a Graduate School with currently 19 PhD students enrolled.
Together with the Scientific Director and the Managing Director, the Assistant Director forms the daily board of the Centre. The primary task of the Assistant Director is to coordinate the activities of the 4TU.Centre for Ethics and Technology and the Centre’s graduate school and to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
This includes the following tasks:
• Daily management of the Centre, preparing meetings with the Centre’s Management Team and Board; coordination with other Centres of Excellence of the 4TU.Federation; communication with the secretary of the 4TU.Federation.
• Coordination of the Graduate School, which includes course organization, administration, and evaluation; coordination with other Dutch graduate schools; evaluation of the graduate programme in relation to funding organizations; promotion of the graduate school and recruitment of new PhD students;
• Organization of 4TU.Ethics events;
• Coordination with international partner institutions in ethics and philosophy (a.o., The Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics, Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm);
• Promotion of the Centre’s visibility and outreach, which includes website maintenance, promotion of the Centre on electronic mailing lists, developing outreach materials;
• Finances, which includes the administration of budget requests and declarations, support with attracting external money from funding organizations, coordination joint research proposals (Horizon2020, NWO).
Your office will be located at Eindhoven University of Technology, where the daily board meetings will also take place. Management team meetings take place in Amersfoort or Utrecht.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, results-oriented, and pro-active colleague.
• PhD or master’s degree in philosophy or other relevant discipline, with an interest in technology and engineering.
• Excellent social and organizational skills, professional attitude (responsible, accurate, independent, positive and constructive).
• Ability to communicate effectively in English. Mastery of Dutch is a pro.
• Managerial experience is a pro.
Conditions of employment
• a 0,8 fte appointment for a year from January 1st 2018 until January 1st 2019. After this year an evaluation will be conducted and on this basis your appointment may be extended until 1st January 2021;
• a gross monthly salary between € 3.475,- and € 4.757,- (based on afull-time appointment salary scale 11 CAO-NU), depending on experience and knowledge;
• a yearly holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary;
• a yearly end year allowance of 8.3% of the yearly salary;
• a broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, savings schemes and excellent sports facilities).
Further information about the Centre can be found on the website, www.ethicsandtechnology.eu. For questions about the vacancy, please contact Prof.dr.ir. Anthonie Meijers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dr. Tijn Borghuis (email@example.com).
Information about terms of employment can be obtained from: Kim van Puijenbroek, HR Advisor, Department of IE&IS (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology can be found at www.tue.nl.
Your application should include a CV, an application letter, and 3 references. If you are interested, we invite you to apply before 3rd November 2017 by going to our website: https://jobs.tue.nl/en/vacancy/assistant-director-coordinator-4tu-324272.html and using the apply now button. Please do not send us applications by e-mail.
Note that a maximum of 5 documents can be uploaded, so if you have more than 5 documents you will have to combine them.