The subject encompasses applied ethics with a special focus on technology applied to healthcare.
The position involves teaching and research. In the first four years, contributions to the division’s on-going research on patient centred care form an important part of the responsibilities. It is also part of the job to apply for external funding and to collaborate in applications to external funders. Teaching of the division’s first and second cycle courses at KTH is included. Course development and other pedagogical activities form a core part of the teaching responsibilities. Supervision of PhD students and collaboration with the surrounding society are parts of the tasks.
To be eligible for a position as associate professor the applicant must:
- Have a PhD exam, the equivalent scientific competence, or professional skills pertinent to the subject area of the position and the tasks included in the position
- Documented pedagogical proficiency
Assessment criteria :
It is of highest importance that the applicant has:
- scientific skills within the subject field comparable with the level of docent. The skills must be shown by high-level scientific publication, by which is meant articles in peer reviewed international journals and books published by high-quality international scientific publishing houses.
It is of second highest importance that the applicant has:
- pedagogical skills and experience of teaching engineering students within the subject field (e.g the ethics of biotechnology, or the ethics of medical technology)
- ability to co-operate with the surrounding society and to communicate information on research and development
- a documented and wide international network, and good communicative skills.
It is also of importance that the applicant has:
- skills in the development and management of both activities and personnel. This includes knowledge of equal opportunities and diversity, with a special focus on gender equality
- administrative skills
- collaborative skills
- ability to teach in both Swedish and English
Your application should follow KTH:s CV template for employment of teachers. Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH:s recruitment system in order to apply to this position online:
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||20.Apr.2017 11:59 PM CET|