4TU.Ethics cooperates with many civil society organisations (CSOs) on issues that concern ethics and the impacts of technology. It is in the interest of civil society organisations that technologies generate benefits, and we are interested in working with CSOs on issues that concern them. Through knowledge transfer with civil society organisations we seek to advance the better implementation of technology in society, more effective advocacy and participation in policy debates by CSOs, and to offer advice for better policies.
Collaborating with Civil Society OrganisationsWe are regularly asked to give expert advice to different kinds of national and international civil society organisations, and give regular lectures and workshops for their members and staff. CSOs we have worked with include:
- The Committee for Ethics and Health (national ethics committee which advises the Dutch government).
- TNO (Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research)
- COVRA/OPERA (Dutch research institute for nuclear waste disposal)
- PRIMO Nederland (public risk management organisation)
- Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights
- Danish Standards Foundation
- The European Union of Science Journalists Association