Dr.Koepsell, D.R. (David)Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
David is an author, philosopher, and attorney whose recent research focuses on the nexus of science, technology, ethics and public policy.
His present positions include:
– Visiting Professor of Research Ethics, Unidad Posgrado, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico, D.F.
– Director of Research and Strategic Initiatives, Comisión Nacional de Bioética (CONBIOETICA) Mexico, D.F.
– Adjunct Professor, University at Buffalo, Dept. of Learning and Instruction, Science and the Public Masters Program.
– Senior Fellow, Center for Inquiry – Transnational, Amherst, NY.
– Education Director, Center for Inquiry, Amherst, NY.
Also, David is the Ethics Advisor on this H 2020 ERC grant: Conflict, Competition, Cooperation and Complexity: Using Evolutionary Game Theory to model realistic populations
Funding EC | H2020
Previous academic appointments include:
- May 2008: Visiting Professor, University of Health Sciences, Antigua
- Research Asst. Prof., SUNY at Buffalo Dept. of Philosophy; Adjunct Asst. Prof., Learning and Instruction; Adjunct Instructor, Interdisciplinary Degree Programs; Coordinator, Graduate Research Ethics.
- Sept. 2007-Apr. 2008: Research Scientist, UB Task-Force for Ontology-Based Studies in Psychiatry (Classification of Diseases and Disorders)
- Fall 2006-2007: Yale University, Donaghue Initiative Visiting Scholar in Research Ethics “Individual and Collective Rights in Genomic Data”
- Fall. 2005: Adjunct Lecturer, Dept. of Philosophy, SUNY Buffalo State College