First Thomas More Conference
“the philosophy, ethics and theology of human enhancement technologies”
23- 25 augustus 2017 Utrecht University the Netherlands
It is our great pleasure to announce that the Thomas More Foundation will be hosting its first international conference on the philosophy, ethics an theology of human enhancement technologies.
The aim of this conference is to foster philosophical, ethical and theological reflection on human enhancement technologies. Junior researchers, PhD students and master students are encouraged to present research that relates to the conference theme.
- Professor Erik Borgman, Tilburg University
- Professor Ignaas Devisch, Gent University
- Professor René Munnik, Tilburg University
- Professor Ciano Aydin, Delft University of Technology/ University of Twente
- Jonne Hoek MA, PhD University of Twente
Call for papers:
We invite English abstracts up to 500 words, to be sent in MS Word and PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should also include author(s), title, institutional affiliation and demonstrate some relation to the conference theme.
Files should be named and submitted in the following manner: Submission: First Name Last name. docx (or .doc) / .pdf Example: “Submission: MaryAndy.docx”
Abstracts should be submitted before 15 june 2017 to email@example.com.
Presentations should be no longer than 20 minutes. Each presenter will be given 10 additional minutes for questions and discussions with the audience, for a total of 30 minutes.
Notification of acceptance is July 15,
Topics: Papers can be presented which analyse (but are not limited to):
- What it is to be human in an age of rapid technological developments
- Technology and human enhancement
- Science and human enhancement
- The (bio)ethics of human enhancement
- Cognitive enhancement (and technology)
- Moral enhancement (and technology)
- The limits of technological enhancement
- Human enhancement, technology and transcendence
- Human enhancement and identity
- Human enhancement, theology and christianity
Ciano Aydin Cees Zweistra Joost van de Net Inge Merks
For further questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org