We are looking for a research assistant (postdoc level) who could support grant applications of our senior researchers, mainly in the field of practical philosophy. The candidate should have a PhD in philosophy, good research skills, and good writing / editing / proofreading skills. In case of good performance the research assistant will be considered for a position in a successful application.
- Making lists of important papers and books on specific (sub-)topics.
- Writing (very) short summaries of what some of those papers and books are about.
- Making small/short lists of literature that is not directly on the topic, but that people who write on the (sub-)topic(s) often refer to.
- Helping to create a “to do” list: what application-materials does there need to be for the different steps/parts of the application?
- Helping to check that application-materials have all the parts they should have.
- Learning from/”reverse-engineering” earlier successful proposals.
- Editing and proof-reading proposal-drafts
The fulltime or parttime position needs to be filled as soon as possible, and the position will conclude at the end of the year 2017.
Conditions of employment
- fulltime or part-time employment as a research assistant;
- gross salary is in the range of € 2.588,- up to € 4.084,-per month (on a full-time basis)
- 8% holiday allowance
- 3% end of year allowance;
- a broad package of fringe benefits
Further information about the appointment can be obtained from: Kim van Puijenbroek, personnel officer IE&IS, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your application must contain the following documents (all in English):
- A letter of interest, stating your motivation to apply
- An curriculum vitae
- At least two names (with email addresses) of people willing to act as references
If you are interested, we invite you to apply before 27 July 2017, screening will start immediately. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because the vacancy will be closed when we have found a suitable candidate.
You can apply by pressing the ‘apply now’ button for this vacancy on the TU/e web-site or click here.
We don’t accept applications sent by e-mail. You can only upload the maximum of 5 documents of 2 Mb each. If you have more than 5 documents, you will need to combine them.