Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our teams include social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide. We apply rigorous, cutting-edge research when developing and assessing new technologies to ensure they achieve sustainable innovation and measurable impact.
Our TRI’s Innovation & Research team includes social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human right experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide. We work in close collaboration with our clients to understand their needs and the practical problems they face, and develop innovative solutions that will have a real-world application and impact.
We lead and participate in European, international, and nationally funded research projects and tenders and have extensive experience of writing and collaborating on successful funding applications.
We are recruiting a Senior Research Analyst/Research Analyst to lead and execute projects, grow subject matter expertise and thought leadership. The successful candidate will have some expertise in law (privacy and data protection), but will also have knowledge of and interest in new and emerging technologies, particularly in relation to the social and ethical aspects and will support the OPTIMAI project. OPTIMAI aims to support industrial manufacturing by developing a set of technologies that will improve the efficiency and quality of production, using Sensors, Smart Instrumentation, Metrology, Artificial Intelligence, Virtualisation and Augmented Reality, supported by Blockchain smart contract technology for secure data exchange.
In this role, you will help guide the process of responsible research and innovation by identifying ethical, legal and societal risks that arise from the development of technologies and their impact on society. You will collaborate with partners to ensure our research and the project outputs respect ethical principles, values, human rights, and international regulations such as the GDPR. You will also provide ongoing monitoring and advice to partners.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have some expertise in and carry out the following activities:
- Providing guidance on data protection issues, data management and research ethics issues.
- Ensuring independent and effective management and/or delivery of projects: timely project delivery to the required standards in direct communication with clients.
- Project client management.
- Represent the company at the project meetings and external events.
- Lead and/or contribute to research services business development activities (funding application support).
- Support and deliver research impact requirements & represent the project(s) and company externally in line with strategic goals.
- Build and demonstrate a proven area of subject matter expertise.
- Maintain and grow, though publication, funding and interdisciplinary outputs, cluster expertise and research-driven innovation for Trilateral.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across and outside the organisation.
- Excellent/proactive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong people management (relationship-building and influencing) skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Adherence to shared values: Commitment to Excellence, Knowledge sharing, Adaptability, Mucking-in, Trust, Respect.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Good/reasonable understanding and experience in European Union (EU) data protection law, policy & practice
- Impact assessments expertise/knowledge: data protection, legal, ethical and/or societal, human rights.
- Experience in/knowledge of new and emerging technologies e.g., Artificial Intelligence
- Good legal analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Project management process experience or training
- Experience in and/or familiarity with EU-funded/collaborative projects
- Successful experience of income generation, including developing research proposals, developing funding relationships and/or tender/bid writing.
- Expertise/knowledge of research ethics and human rights.
- Experience with administrative and budgetary requirements and issues within projects
Required Education and ExperienceEssential:
- Post-doctoral experience in legal analysis/data protection and/or PhD; alternately Masters’
- Degree in law with 3+ years research experience
- Contributions/leadership of work in research projects
- Team leadership and management experience
The roles are open to candidates within the EU. We are ideally looking for candidates based within Ireland, or shortly to move to Ireland, so that we can offer an employment contract. For those candidates based in the EU outside of Ireland, we can offer them a fixed term consulting contract and they may work remotely.
For Ireland based candidates – Permanent, full-time Employment Contract ; for EU based candidates – Fixed Term Consultants Contract
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time
In return, you get …
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive pension scheme (applies to permanent contract only)
- Remote working/working from home options
- A friendly and enthusiastic team of experts in the field
Please submit both your CV and a cover letter, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References will be required prior to appointment and candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.
For more information, or to apply visit this website.